Monday, December 31, 2007

Another Practice Shoot!!

Well, this was actually my third practice shoot. I couldn't obtain permission by the parents to post my 2nd practice shoot which took place that same year. I so appreciated the practice anyhow.

It was an outdoor shoot at a local park with a couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I am so excited! I had so much fun! What an adrenaline rush!! They are such a sweet couple and were such a pleasure to work with.

The lighting was not that great that morning though in some of the pictures, but I think they will like them nonetheless. I met them at 9am and the shoot lasted about an hour and a half. I think in the future I will probably try at 8am and see if that might avoid strong sun spots and shadows.

As my thank you for them letting me practice on them, I had an 8x10 and a wallet size of the best shot, made for them, as well as a collage of my favorites, also an 8x10.

I dream of someday owning a Nikon D80, but for now, please excuse the point and shoot(Nikon L11 Coolpix). In the meantime, I am focusing on my composition. CC welcome!










Edited to add correction suggested by helpful comment...

Before (with green sign post)























After (removed sign)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Feedback received...

~Auh what a sweet couple Denise! And great pics. Glad to see you are getting to work on that! - J.

~I second that. That is a sweet couple! I think you did a wonderful job! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of them walking down that path! Great job. BEAUTIFUL work! Pro is in your future. - H.

~I, too, particularly like the ones walking down the path together (as well as many of the the others). On the ones going down the path I am wondering if you could crop out the sign that's visible in the pictures. It's a bit of a distraction. If the sign were not there, then those shots would be completely perfect.-J.

~What a sweet couple! Made me want to go kiss my DH. My favs are the ones with the palm trees in the background! Nice work...I am sure they will be thrilled with the results!!! TFS! - S.

~Awwww, very, very nice! They will be so happy with the pics!-L.

~great job! Its nice to see people smiling after 50 years of marriage!-B.

~Those are great, Denise!!!I'm sure they will be thrilled!TFS!-C.

~Denise those look great!!! I am sure they will love them. I know I would.-B.

~Very nice pics! What a sweet looking couple. Can't help but feel all sappy when you hear abt couples married that long. I love the thought of growing old with DH (only I envision me with few wrinkles : ) Now that J. brought if up...I agree...good if you could crop out the sign. Good job!-B.

~Very very nice pics, Denise. They do like a sweet couple. I hope that can me and dh someday.-M.

~Wow Denise! Great job!
They really are a sweet couple. You seem to have captured their personalities really well.-D.

~Great job, Denise! They're going to love them!

ITA w/ cropping out the sign, if you can. Oh, and I love the one of them looking at their wedding rings. So sweet.Glad you're having fun!-P.

~Personally, I'm jealous you can get pictures like that with a nikon coolpix.I can get great shots with mine but ONLY in natural light.The flash is horrendous as I am sure you know!-H.

~Denise, Those are fabulous! I especially liked the shot from behind with them walking hand in hand! So sweet!GREAT JOB!!!-E.

~Great Job Denise!

i love the pics of the two of them together. they dont look staged at all! they look like they show the emotion clearly! let me know when u figure out how to work with all the shadowing and how to prevent it! i am having a rough time with that!-J.

~Very nice!-B.

~So sweet!! I love the one you chose to print for them...also love the walking away pic. The one of him kissing her head...SOOO sweet!!!-K.

~Aww those are so sweet. I love older people in love! You got some great shots and great memories for them. So sweet.-S.