Thursday, October 14, 2010

Simply Amazing!

Two words to describe my first birth photography experience!  It really was my ultimate favorite of all sessions that I've ever done since I started seriously persuing family photography over 4 years ago! I think I might be hooked. I'd definitely do it again in the future! To Jennifer and Falco, thanks for allowing me to capture this most intimate part of your life. I hope I will have recorded moments you will treasure and leave you with feelings of great joy whenever you look at the pictures! ♥

It was so awesome!! The Lord worked it all out!! I was staying up waiting to send my husband off to work when I saw her post shortly after 1am or so. She felt like it would be very soon, so since my husband was still here, I woke him up an hour early and he took us to their house. We even beat the midwife there!! Thankfully our children went back to sleep in the beds that they had waiting for them on our arrival! The following are of the birth and then little Sophia at 12 days old!

It was a great birth that took place at home. Jennifer was beautiful and just seemed to glow. she was so peaceful and just so serene...on the outside anyway. I think she was amazing!! At 5:31am she told me quickly that it was time for me to exit so she could start pushing, I ran to the clock in the living room to take a pic, thinking she'd be pushing a while, and not 60 seconds later, I heard the gush of water hit the floor and the baby crying at 5:32am!!! Awesome! awesome! awesome!  I was so pleased!! Amazingly, the midwife is also a photographer! http://www.karenbove.com/ and she gave me some great adjustments to make to my camera settings!


                           

















...and 12 days later!  I truly have a greater appreciation for newborn photographers! Had fun during our newborn session, but Miss Sophia was wide awake and very alert just about the whole time! I did manage to get a few with her dozing off, but she wasn't in a deep enough sleep to be able to do any planned poses.  Sure is a sweetheart! 




I was able use some of my props I'd been collecting and was especially pleased with the look of the headbands with the flowers I had gotten at a craft fair a few weeks ago from http://www.petalbowtique.com/. If you have little girls, or are looking for a great gift idea for little girls, please check her product line out!


I was excited to finally try out this great little valise I picked up last year!

 
Would love some feedback on what you think!

Leaning on His Everlasting Arms,
Denise

No comments: